Friday, October 19, 2007

Not Home Yet



It's Friday night, and I should be home by now... but I'm stuck in New York. My flight from JFK to Cleveland was cancelled (along with a ton of other flights) because of bad weather. Delta can't get me out until tomorrow morning- and that's a flight with a layover in Detroit, which ends up in Akron. After about 18 hours of traveling, it's the last thing I wanted to hear. Plus, since the cancellation was weather related, they won't pay for a hotel.
After spending hours waiting in line after line, I figured I'd just sleep at the airport. But after looking around at the other people setting up camp, I realized I wouldn't be able to do it. Not after I was already going on so little sleep.
I'm staying at a Residence Inn that's going to cost me about 25 dollars an hour (not that they rent by the hour) for the limited time I'm going to spend here.. but it'll be worth it to be able to sleep in a bed and take a hot shower.
Oh, and the cab driver got lost on the way here AND we get stuck in traffic behind an accident. The fare was 55 dollars.

The view from my new hotel at night. Not as nice as the last one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice post...!!..Thanks For Providing Nice Information About Dubai, Book Dubai Tour Packages From Cheap Air E Tickets India To make your Tour Special & memorable.