Thursday, October 11, 2007

My First Meal

A lot of people wondered what I'd be eating here. Well, I just had my first meal, and I settled on the traditional Middle Eastern delicacy of a quesadilla. There's a Mexican restaurant next to my hotel. Sitting there and listening to Arabic music was strange.

Speaking of food, the meals they served us on Emirates airlines were surprising. Here's the menu: And that was just lunch. They also gave us big sandwiches a few hours later, and a multi-course breakfast before we landed. (I skipped it.. I was still full.)

Here are a few more pictures:
The flight crew:

Here's a shot of the personal, 600-channel TVs we had in coach. I watched a few episodes of Heroes, Everybody Loves Raymond, Oceans 13, and some other stuff.


One of the channels showed our exact location during the whole flight. This was exciting:
Landing after a 13-hour flight from JFK:
I'm really enjoying reading the comments everyone's leaving. Thanks!

6 comments:

SuziTurc said...

I definitely voted for you to get married on this trip. Perhaps that was the whole purpose...wait...was I voting on what I thought would happen or what I want to happen?
Did you have a margarita with your quesadilla, BTW? Do they serve Floosie Suzi's over there?

Dave said...

Ha! I am afraid to ask for a "Floosie Suzi" here. They might arrest me.

Anonymous said...

did the flight attendants know you were stalking them? and how do the arabs feel about you photographing their food?? i'm really thinkin you are going to get arrested soon....

geiger said...

Does the gps system also track incoming missiles fired at the plane too?

Chris Gibilisco said...

Does "glow stick" mean the same thing in Dubai as it does in the US?

Anonymous said...

Are you going to buy yourself a prayer mat while you're there? I'm sure you can get one with your name embroidered on it.